CARING FOR YOUR VASE ARRANGEMENT
All vases are filled with fresh water to ensure freshness during delivery. To help your flowers last longer, change the water in the vase regularly. To do so, hold the flower stalks together to maintain its composition then carefully remove it from the vase.
Tip the water out and give the vase a good rinse – use a gentle dishwashing soap and warm water for a more effective cleanse.
Fill the vase ¾ full with clean water and add a dash of flower food, provided with each delivery of your subscription.
Trim 2cm off the end of the stalks at an angle so the flowers will have a fresh surface to absorb water. Ensure there are no loose petals or leaves in the water. Place the arrangement back into the vase and enjoy!
CARING FOR YOUR BOUQUET
The bouquet stems are wrapped in a water bag to ensure freshness during the delivery process. Keeping the bouquet upright, unwrap the paper over a sink and remove the water bag. You may choose to make a small cut at the base of the water bag to drain the water so that things don’t get messy! Do not cut the twine holding the bouquet together as it will loosen the floral composition.
Look for a vase of an appropriate size and height for the bouquet. Clean it well with a gentle dishwashing soap and warm water to remove any dirt and microorganisms, then fill it to ¾ full with room temperature water.
Ensure no leaves or flowers are submerged in water when placed in the vase; remove them from the stalks if needed. This prevents leaves from rotting and turning the water bad.
Trim 2cm off the end of the stalk and at an angle to give the flower a fresh and wider surface area for better water absorption. Place the arrangement into the vase and enjoy!
TIPS & TRICKS
Here are some general tips for maintaining cut fresh flowers:
- Change the water and trim a little of the stem daily to keep flowers blooming for longer. Avoid crushing the stems as that can prevent the stems from taking up water.
- Remove wilted flowers from the vase to avoid stems from contaminating the water. Contamination can clog up stems and affect the water intake of your flowers.
- Fill vases only with fresh, room temperature water. When the water in your vase turns cloudy, it’s time to change it out!
- Do not spray water on blooms as it may cause colours to fade.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight and ripening fruits.
Instructions may vary from flower to flower; where necessary, we’ve included additional care tips together with your order or on the product page.