WHAT TO DO AFTER YOU RECEIVE YOUR BOUQUET
The bouquet stems are wrapped in a water bag to ensure freshness during the delivery process. Keeping the bouquet upright, unwrap the paper over a sink and remove the water bag. You may choose to make a small cut at the base of the water bag to drain the water so that things don’t get messy! Do not cut the twine holding the bouquet together as it will loosen the floral composition.
Look for a vase of an appropriate size and height for the bouquet. Clean it well with a gentle dishwashing soap and warm water to remove any dirt and microorganisms, then fill it to 3/4 full with room temperature water.
Ensure no leaves or flowers are submerged in water; remove if necessary. This prevents leaves from rotting and turning the water bad.
Trim 2cm off the end of the stem and at an angle to give the flower a fresh and wider surface area for better water absorption.
TIPS & TRICKS
Here are some general tips for maintaining your flowers:
• Change the water and trim a little of the stem daily to keep flowers blooming for longer. Take extra caution when trimming stems – make sure you do not crush the stems as that can prevent the stems from taking up water.
• Remove wilted flowers from the vase to avoid stems from contaminating the water. Contamination can clog up stems and affect the water intake of your flowers.
• Fill vases only with fresh, room temperature water. When the water in your vase turns cloudy, it’s time to change it out!
• Do not spray water on blooms as it may cause colours to fade.
• Keep flowers away from direct sunlight and ripening fruits.
Instructions may vary from flower to flower; where necessary, we’ve included additional care tips together with your order or on the product page.